Demanding on both cars and drivers, Interlagos may fall towards the end of the F1® season but proves that the challenges are far from over. Hard corners, a bumpy surface and unpredictable weather all make for a nail-biting battle to victory in Brazil.
Suggested car setup for Autódromo José Carlos Pace Interlagos:
- Low speed cornering is crucial
- Focusing on acceleration, DRS and medium speed cornering is also recommended
- Balanced circuit
Prepare for the risks of São Paulo to reduce the challenges of the circuit. Safety cars provide an opportunity to be on the best tyres for each moment.
- Long straights and tight turns favour vehicles with high acceleration and low-speed cornering.
- The safety car is almost certain to come out, so use those windows to change tyres if the weather is about to change.
- São Paulo’s circuit surface eats up tyres, so tell your drivers to slow down whenever the safety car is out, preserving the rubber for as long as possible.
After a resurgence of their pace in qualifying, and a series of incidents and retirements at the start of the Grand Prix™, Aston Martin now have both drivers in the top 5. With all cars needing another stop, they'll need to execute precisely timed strategies until the finish. Can Stroll and Alonso counter an aggressive charge from Pérez and secure valuable points for the team?
- 24 Seconds